ECG Test well, your doctor may suggest you get an electrocardiogram — also called an EKG or ECG — to see for signs of a heart condition. It is a test that records the electrical activity of your ticker through small electrode patches that a technician attaches to the skin of your chest, arms, and legs.
- ECGs are quick, safe, and painless. With this test, your doctor is going to be able to:
- Check your cardiac rhythm
- See if you’ve got poor blood flow to your cardiac muscle (this is named ischemia)
- Diagnose an attack
- Check on things that are abnormal, like thickened cardiac muscle
- Detect if there are significant electrolyte abnormalities, like high potassium or high or low calcium.
How Should I Prepare?
Well you need to keep this things in a mind during ECG test
- Some belongings you can do to urge yourself ready.
- Avoid oily skin creams and lotions on the day of the test because they will keep the electrodes from making contact together with your skin.
- Avoid full-length hosiery, because electrodes got to be placed directly on your legs.
- Wear a shirt that you simply can remove easily to put the leads on your chest.
What Happens During an Electrocardiogram (ECG Test)?
- A technician will attach 10 electrodes with adhesive pads to the skin of your chest, arms & legs. If you are a guy, you’ll get to have your chest hair shaved to permit a far better connection.
- During the test, you’ll lie flat while a computer creates an image, on paper, of the electrical impulses that move through your heart. this is often called a “resting” ECG, although an equivalent test could also be wont to check your heart while you exercise.
- It takes about 10 minutes to connect the electrodes and complete the test, but the particular recording takes only a couple of seconds.
- Your doctor will keep your ECG patterns on file in order that he can compare them to tests you get within the future.
Types of ECG Tests
Besides the quality ECG, your doctor may recommend other kinds:
Holter monitor. it is a portable ECG that checks the electrical activity of your heart for 1 to 2 days, 24-hours each day. Your doctor may suggest it if he suspects you’ve got an abnormal cardiac rhythm, you’ve got palpitations, or do not have enough blood flow to your cardiac muscle.
Like the standard ECG, it’s painless. The electrodes from the monitor are taped to your skin. Once they’re in situ, you’ll head home and do all of your normal activities except the shower. Your doctor will ask you to stay a diary of what you probably did and any symptoms you notice.
Event monitor. Your doctor may suggest this device if you simply get symptoms now then. once you push a button, it’ll record and store your heart’s electrical activity for a couple of minutes. you’ll get to wear it for weeks or sometimes months.
Each time you notice symptoms, you ought to attempt to get a reading on the monitor. the data is shipped on the phone to your doctor, who will analyze it.
Signal-averaged electrocardiogram. It checks to ascertain if you’re at high risk of getting a condition called heart arrhythmia, which may cause asystole. The test is completed in a similar way as a typical ECG. But it uses sophisticated technology to research your risk.
Why You Choose Dr. Ratan Prakash?
We have the latest ECG Testing medical facilities, for the diagnosis of the patient with any of the above-mentioned symptoms. We have a well-equipped ECG testing lab. With highly qualified medical support staff, nurses, and doctors to facilitate the best support and error-free reporting system.
In conclusion, the ECG test provided here at a very affordable price. After that, the patients have also referred to others about this. For the appointment booking for ECG Test please call us on this number 9430829175.